Saturday, November 11
Charleston Southern at Campbell
Gore Arena – Buies Creek, N.C.
CHARLESTON, S.C. – Charleston Southern will close out the 2017 season on Saturday with a match at Campbell. First serve between the Bucs and Camels is set for 4 p.m.
CSU (8-21, 3-12) hasn't played since a straight set defeat at Radford this past Saturday. Campbell (19-10, 9-6) is coming off a four set defeat at Radford on Tuesday. The Camels knocked off the Bucs in four sets when the teams met in Charleston earlier this season on Oct. 3.
Charleston Southern is led offensively by Kylie Klein with 2.17 kills per set. Klein is seventh in the Big South in hitting percentage (.281) and eighth in the league in blocks per set (0.84). Hannah Western is averaging 2.15 kills per set. Madison Martin leads the defense with 4.74 digs per set. Kalysia Bates ranks first in the Big South in blocks per set (1.05).
Campbell will officially clinch the third seed in the upcoming Big South Championship with a win against the Buccaneers. Campbell is led offensively by Allena Heath with a Big South-best 4.23 kills per set. Kayla Schanback paces the defense with 4.34 digs per set. Summer Schuitema is first in the Big South in service aces per set (0.48).
Inside the Numbers
- Madison Martin ranks third in the league and 35th nationally in total digs with 512. Martin has had nine straight matches with double-digit digs.
- Rachel Smith is fourth in the Big South with 8.72 assists per set. Smith ranks eighth all-time at CSU with 1,785 career assists.
- Kylie Klein has recorded 90 total blocks this season. Klein is fourth all-time at CSU with 412 career blocks.
News and Notes
- Charleston Southern has dropped eight straight Big South matches.
- Campbell has defeated CSU in the last three meetings. The last win for the Bucs over the Camels was in five sets on Oct. 1, 2016.
- Charleston Southern sits in eighth out of nine teams in the Big South standings.