Friday, November 3
Charleston Southern at High Point
Millis Center – High Point, NC
7 p.m. – Big South Network
Saturday, November 4
Charleston Southern at Radford
Dedmon Center – Radford, Va.
4 p.m. – Big South Network
CHARLESTON, S.C. – Charleston Southern hits the road for a pair of challenging Big South matches this weekend against High Point and Radford. First serve between the Bucs and Panthers on Friday is set for 7 p.m. CSU then travels to play Radford on Saturday at 4 p.m.
CSU (8-19, 3-10) is coming off a straight set defeat to Winthrop on Tuesday that eliminated the Bucs from contention in the Big South Championship. Charleston Southern previously fell in four sets to UNC Asheville this past Friday on Senior Night.
Hannah Western leads CSU offensively with 2.23 kills per set, while Kylie Klein has recorded the most kills for the Bucs this season (225). Madison Martin continues to pace CSU defensively with 4.68 digs per set. Kalysia Bates ranks first in the Big South with 1.08 blocks per set.
High Point (20-6, 13-0) has clinched a top-two seed in the Big South Championship and has several players leading the league in statistical categories. Abby Bottomley is first in the Big South with 5.30 digs per set. Molly Livingston leads the league in hitting percentage (.396) and Haley Barnes ranks first in service aces per set (0.48).
Radford (21-3, 11-2) is coming off a straight set win over Gardner-Webb on Tuesday and sits in second-place in the Big South standings behind High Point. Big South Preseason Player of the Year Maddie Palmer leads Radford offensively with 4.03 kills per set. Kaylor Nash leads the defensive efforts with 3.41 digs per set. Haley Kleespies is first in the league with 10.19 assists per set.
Inside the Numbers
- Madison Martin ranks third in the Big South with 4.68 digs per set. Martin has had seven straight matches with double-digit digs.
- Rachel Smith is fourth in the league with 8.88 assists per set. Smith has recorded a double-double in three of the last five matches.
- Addison Kaderli is averaging 2.13 kills per set. Kaderli is ninth all-time at CSU with 869 career kills.
- Kylie Klein is averaging 0.81 blocks per set. Klein ranks fifth all-time at CSU with 405 career blocks.
News and Notes
- Charleston Southern faces the top three teams in the Big South in its final three matches of the season.
- CSU fell in four sets to High Point on Sep. 23 and lost to Radford in straight sets on Oct. 20.
- High Point has won 24 straight meetings with Charleston Southern. The last victory for the Bucs over the Panthers was on Nov. 5, 2005.
CSU travels to face Campbell in the final match of the season for the Bucs on Saturday, Nov. 11.