CHARLESTON, S.C. - Charleston Southern continues Big South play on Tuesday afternoon as the Buccaneers travel to Winthrop for a midweek match in the Winthrop Coliseum. The match begins a three-game road trip that will include trips to High Point and Campbell to end the month of October. First serve between the Bucs and the Eagles on the Big South Network is set for 7 p.m. Live Stats will be provided at WinthropEagles.com and updates on Twitter: @CSUGameDay
Winthrop enters the midweek match-up on a four-match losing streak since the Eagles' 3-0 win over N.C. Central on October 12. The Eagles have dropped all nine of their Big South Conference matches on the season with home losses to Gardner-Webb, Campbell, High Point, Liberty and Radford. Overall, the Eagles are 9-16 on the season with a 9-7 record in non-conference play including wins over N.C. Central (twice), Dartmouth, Western Carolina, Morgan State, Robert Morris, Georgia Southern, Furman, and Davidson.
Lourde Rosario leads the Winthrop offense on the season with 3.81 kills per set. Brianna Gray is the hitting leader with a .317 hitting percentage on the season. Sam Yamaguchi sets up the WU offense with 6.97 assists per set. Defensively, Carlie Skelton is the team leader with 3.89 digs per set. Kelsey Schroll is the blocking leader with 0.94 per set.
Last season against Winthrop
Charleston Southern and Winthrop split the series last season with both teams winning in their respective home facilities. Winthrop took the opening match in straight sets in the WU Coliseum on September 26, 2015. The Bucs answered with a four-set win on October 31 behind Meredith Parrott's 14 kills and Addison Kaderli's 25 digs.
Buccaneers drop four-set decision to High Point on Homecoming weekend
Charleston Southern was unable to build off the momentum in the third set in falling in Big South Conference play to visiting High Point, 26-24, 25-15, 18-25, 25-22. The Buccaneers fell for just the second time in conference play on the season and struggled to get the offense going in both the second and fourth sets in falling to the Panthers.
CSU hit .159 as a team overall and was led by double-digit kill performances by both Addison Kaderli and Kylie Klein. Kaderli paced the Bucs with 14 kills on the afternoon and added six digs to her efforts. Klein finished with 13 kills, a season-high eight digs, and four blocks (three solo). Rachel Smith set up the offense with 36 assists. Smith and Madison Martin tied with a match-high 16 digs apiece.
Bucs against Winthrop under Mooberry
CSU is 1-5 against Winthrop under Head Coach Christy Mooberry. The Bucs victory came in CSU's last game against the Eagles on October 31, 2015. CSU topped the Eagles in four sets in the win.
Chasing the NCAA Leaders
As a team, CSU sits among the national leaders in four separate categories on the 2016 season. The Bucs are fourth overall in team digs with 1,639, 15th in team service aces with 140, 13th in team total attacks with 3,510 and 11th in digs per set with 17.25.
Among the NCAA Individual Leaders
- Madison Martin is 10th in the NCAA in total digs with 458
- Addison Kaderli is 27th in the NCAA in total attacks with 971
- Madison Martin is 35th in the NCAA in service aces with 32
- Madison Martin is 48th in the NCAA in digs per set with 4.82
- Addison Kaderli is 57th in the NCAA in attacks per set with 10.67
- Kylie Klein is 58th in the NCAA in total blocks with 96
Among the Big South Individual Leaders
- Kylie Klein is eighth in the Big South in hitting percentage with .270
- Addison Kaderli is fifth in the Big South in kills per set with 2.93
- Brooke Monssen is ninth in the Big South in kills per set with 2.52
- Rachel Smith is fourth in the Big South in assists per set with 7.84
- Madison Martin is ninth in the Big South in service aces per set with 0.34
- Kylie Klein is third in the Big South in blocks per set with 1.05
- Caitlyn Michalski is sixth in the Big South in blocks per set with 1.01
- Addison Kaderli is sixth in the Big South in points per set with 3.25
- Brooke Monssen is ninth in the Big South in points per set with 3.09
- Madison Martin is second in the Big South in digs per set with 4.82
Among the Big South Team Leaders
- Charleston Southern leads the Big South in digs per set with 17.25
- Charleston Southern is second in the Big South in blocks per set with 2.25