SPARTANBURG, S.C. - Charleston Southern won their second straight match on the road this weekend as the Buccaneers swept Wofford College on Sunday afternoon at the Reeves Tennis Center, 7-0.
CSU swept all three doubles matches and won five of the six singles matches in straight sets to improve to 3-0 on the 2015 season with the win over the Terriers.
Angelica Sidorenko and Mi'Kola Cooper started the Bucs off with an 8-2 win on court no. 1 to open doubles play as the duo topped Wofford's Catherine Martin and Mareli Sanchez. Nicolin Luecke and Yvonne Hubler clinched the point for the Bucs with an 8-3 win over Kalli Karas and Samantha Russell on court no. 2, 8-3, while Marketa Placha and Sophie Cloessner closed out doubles play with an 8-5 win on court no. 3 over Taylor Carlson and Lauren Reid.
It was a complete team effort in singles play for the second straight day as the Bucs swept all six singles matches with SIdorenko the first off the court following her 6-2, 6-1 win over Karas on court no. 3. Valeria Koussenkova followed with a 6-0, 6-1 win over Sanchez on court no. 6, while Cooper followed up with a 6-0, 6-4 win over Reid on court no. 5 to clinch the Bucs victory.
Hubler continued the Bucs run with a 6-4, 6-2 win over Audrey Coventry on court no. 2, while Placha downed Martin on court no. 1, 6-2, 6-2.
Luecke bounced back from a first set setback to rally to the three-set victory on court no. 4, topping Russell 3-6, 6-4, 10-5.
Charleston Southern remains on the road as the Bucs travel to Kennesaw State on March 1st.
Charleston Southern 7, Wofford 0
Feb 22, 2015 at Spartanburg, S.C. (Reeves Tennis Center)
1. Marketa Placha (CSU) def. Catherine Martin (WOF) 6-2, 6-2
2. Yvonne Hubler (CSU) def. Audrey Coventry (WOF) 6-4, 6-2
3. Angelica Sidorenko (CSU) def. Kalli Karas (WOF) 6-2, 6-1
4. Nicolin Luecke (CSU) def. Samantha Russell (WOF) 3-6, 6-4, 10-5
5. Mi'Kola Cooper (CSU) def. Lauren Reid (WOF) 6-0, 6-4
6. Valeria Koussenkova (CSU) def. Mareli Sanchez (WOF) 6-0, 6-1
1. Angelica Sidorenko/Mi'Kola Cooper (CSU) def. Catherine Martin/Mareli Sanchez (WOF) 8-2
2. Nicolin Luecke/Yvonne Hubler (CSU) def. Kalli Karas/Samantha Russell (WOF) 8-3
3. Marketa Placha/Sophie Cloessner (CSU) def. Taylor Carlson/Lauren Reid (WOF) 8-5
Charleston Southern 3-0
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (3,6,5,2,1,4)