MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. - The College of Charleston retained the Silver Cup on Thursday with a 3-0 victory over Charleston Southern in women's soccer action at Patriots Point.
The Buccaneers lost for the first time this season, dropping to 2-1-1, while the Cougars improved to 4-3.
How It Happened
- The Cougars scored twice in the first half on goals by Leah Dueutsch (7th minute) and Maddy Brill-Edwards (26th minute)
- CSU had its best scoring chance in the 25th minute when Sidney Doherty made a run past a CofC defender, but Genevieve Henderson came out to make the save
- A goal by Mackenzie Crittenberger with under a minute remaining in the game produced the final margin
Inside the Numbers
- Jazmin Gonzalez made a career-high nine saves, many of the spectacular variety, to keep the Bucs in contention
- The Cougars held a 22-3 advantage in shots and took all three corner kicks
- Kayla Robinson joined Doherty with a shot on goal, and Peyton Motley had the third shot for the Bucs
The Bucs return home to face Jacksonville on Sunday at 1 p.m.