BUIES CREEK, N.C. - Campbell scored a pair of goals 20 second apart in the first half and went on to post a 5-0 win over Charleston Southern in a Big South contest Wednesday at the Eakes Athletics Complex.
The Bucs dropped their third in a row to fall to 4-8-2 overall and 2-3-1 in the Big South. The Camels improved to 8-5-1 and 4-1-1 in league play.
- CU (14th minute) - Taylor Koester goal
- CU (14th minute) - Alexa Genas goal
- CU (42nd minute) - Alexa Genas goal
- CU (68th minute) - Shannon Wratchford goal (assisted by Siara Southerland)
- CU (75th minute) - Morgan Garris goal (assisted by Abby Major)
Inside the Numbers
- Although Campbell held a 20-14 advantage in shots, CSU actually had eight on goal to seven for the Camels.
- Erin Scott played 72 minutes in goal and made eight saves. Alyssa Dellacqua had two saves for the Bucs.
- Lydia Frierson and Sidney Doherty led CSU with three shots and two on goal. Jordan Newman also took three shots.
News and Notes
- Campbell has 13 points in the Big South standings, tied for second with High Point and Longwood. Liberty leads the league with 16 points (5-0-1), and CSU is fifth with seven points.
- Campbell entered the game as the highest scoring team in the Big South with 31 goals.
- Genas increased her season goal total to 15 after being tied for second in the nation prior to the contest.
- The Camels have won 10 of the 13 all-time meetings with CSU.
The Bucs play Big South leader Liberty in Lynchburg, Va., on Saturday at noon. CSU is back home next Wednesday for a 4 p.m. game against Winthrop.