CONWAY, S.C. - Three different Coastal Carolina players scored to offset a seven-save effort by Charleston Southern goalkeeper Alyssa Dellacqua in a 3-0 Chanticleer victory on Sunday evening at the CCU Soccer Stadium. The loss drops the Buccaneers to 1-3 on the season while Coastal improved to 3-1.
How They Scored
- Coastal - Elisabeth Rockhill (assisted by Daniella Famili) in the 11th minute
- Coastal - Daniella Famili (assisted by Brenna Leftwich) in the 33rd minute
- Coastal - Brooke Horist (assisted by Kendall Parks) in the 85th minute
Inside the Numbers
- Coastal held a 15-6 advantage in shots including 10-2 on goal. The Chanticleers also took six corner kicks to none for CSU.
- McKenzie Davis had two shots for the Bucs followed by Jazzin Clark, Grace Clark, Kelly Hinkle and Kayla Robinson with one each.
News and Notes
- Dellacqua increased her career save total to 145 to move past Amy Arroyo for eighth in school history. She needs seven more to eclipse former teammate Liz-Amanda Brown for seventh.
- Coastal evened the all-time series at 8-8-4 and has won five in a row over the Bucs.
CSU plays on the road for the fourth time in five games to start the season when the Bucs visit The Citadel on Friday at 4 p.m. The Bucs are back home a week from Sunday against the College of Charleston at 4 p.m.