- CSU’s top finisher at five events during her juniors season
- Best finish came when she took ninth (77-71-80, +12) at the Samford Intercollegiate in the spring
- Was 12th in the Big South with a 76.2 scoring average during her junior season
- Played in all 33 rounds for CSU during the year
- Season-low round of 70 (-2) came at the Fall Invitational in October
- Tied for 17th at Pinehurst Challenge (72-73-72) in October
- Finished 70th at the Powerade Cougar Classic at Yeamans Hall in one of the best fields of the year in college golf
- Became first CSU golfer to win an event since 2010 when she took medalist honors at the CSU Wendy’s Invitational in October
- Shot a 1-under (73-72-70, 215) to win Wendy’s Invit. and help CSU finish second in the nine-team field
- Earned Big South Golfer of the Week honors following the win
- Averaged 76.0 in 28 rounds to finish 10th in Big South in scoring average
- Was CSU’s lowest finisher four times as a sophomore
- Added a second Top 10 at the Mimosa Hills in April, tying for 7th (72-77), where CSU took 3rd out of 12 teams
- Tied for 12th at Palmetto Intercollegiate (74-77-70), where her 70 was the team’s lowest round of the event
- Tied for 48th against elite field at Powerade Cougar Classic (71-80-72, 223)
- Finished tied for 15th at the Big South Championships (80-82)
2013-14: Recorded her top finish at the Yale Women’s Fall Intercollegiate at Yale University Golf Course where she finished tied for 10th in leading the Bucs to a 9th place finish...Also captured a top-15 finish at the CSU Wendy’s Invitational, at Rivertowne Country Club, where she Bucs finished third...Finished tied for 22nd at the Big South Championships, where she helped the Bucs finish sixth...At the UNCG Starmount Fall Classic, Shelby finished tied for 38th...Part of the team that finished 1st at the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Spring Invitational . . . Shelby recorded her season low 71 at the first round of the Yale Women’s Fall Intercollegiate, finishing with a score of 223 (71-73-79)...Also finished with low scores of 231 (77-77-77) at the UNCG Starmount Fall Classic and recorded a score of 238 at both the Cougar Classic (81-79-78) and the Kiawah Island Intercollegiate (77-87-74)...Competed in all nine of the tournaments the Bucs entered, finishing with an average score of 79.11...Led the Bucs with two eagles and 45 birdies.
HIGH SCHOOL: Took 9th place at the 2012 Ohio State Golf Championships with scores of 78 and 81...Fired a 33 on her opening nine holes of the event. . . Averaged 37.5 on nine holes as a senior...Second Team All-Ohio in 2012 and 2013. . . Earned sixth place at the 2011 Ohio State Golf Championships...Earned District Medalist honors in 2012 with a 71.
PERSONAL: Daughter of Patricia and Tommy Thompson...Plans on majoring in Business.