CHARLESTON, S.C. – Paced by three double-doubles Tuesday night, Radford used an early 14-2 run to pull ahead for good and down the Charleston Southern women's basketball team 67-41 in Big South play from the Buc Dome.
CSU (4-12, 1-4 Big South) saw another double-digit performance from Shelby Wilbanks, who had 30 in a win Saturday, but it wasn't enough to match double-doubles from Lydia Rivers, Sydney Nunley and Savannah Felgemacher from Radford (10-6, 4-1 Big South) in the loss.
Radford shook off a slow start to shoot over .500 over the final two quarters on their way to a .426 total mark. CSU won the offensive rebound battle 19-16, but only shot .238 from the floor.
How It Happened
- CSU trailed 8-7 at the first media timeout, but a 12-2 run from that point broke open the game as Radford held a lead as large as 26.
- The Bucs held Radford to just .333 in the first 20 minutes, but the Highlander offense woke up in the second half to shoot above .500 over the final 20 minutes.
- Shelby Wilbanks knocked down her first shot of the night and paced the Bucs through most of the game, picking up where she left off Saturday.
- The Highlanders closed the game with a 24-point fourth stanza thanks to two quick treys in the first minute.
News and Notes
- Wilbanks made it back-to-back games in double figures for the first time this season as she now sits among the top four scorers on the team.
- Radford dominated in the paint 35-16 on their way to three double-doubles Tuesday night. Lydia Rivers pulled down a game-high 13 while Weknyne Dumorne grabbed eight boards to lead the Bucs.
- Rachel Burns' five-rebound night pushed per closer to the 500 career mark with 484 total. Once she gets there, Burns will be just the third Buccaneer all-time with 1,000 points, 500 rebound and 200 steals in a career.
CSU hits the road for their first matchup with in-state foe USC Upstate Saturday as Big South opponents and for the first time since the 2008-09 season. Tipoff is slated for 2 p.m. on ESPN+ from the G.B. Hodge Center.