Hubbard sparked the Bucs (13-27, 7-5 Big South) with a solo home run in the top of the second, while Emberson and Brown both went deep to power CSU to their fourth consecutive win. PC (10-29-2, 0-12 Big South) was paced by Courtney White's pair of doubles to lead the Blue Hose in the loss.
Annie Bakenhus went 3-for-4 from the plate with a run scored and an RBI as the Bucs reached double-digit hits for the second time in the series against the Blue Hose. Emberson and Brown added a pair of hits for CSU.
Holly Clark (4-9) went the final 3.2 innings in shutout relief to earn the win in the Big South series finale between the teams. The junior right-hander allowed two hits while striking out four to earn the win. Arizona Pilgrim went the first 3.1 innings in the no-decision.
Taylor Ward (4-10) earned the loss after surrendering four hits and four runs (three earned) over 1.0 innings. Alyssa Batastini and Sarah Ramsbottom went the final six innings in relief.
How They Scored
- Jade Gandara tripled home Annie Bakenhus to start the CSU scoring in the top of the first as the Bucs jumped ahead of the Blue Hose early.
- Caitlyn Emberson followed up with an RBI groundout scoring Gandara to put CSU ahead 2-0 after the first inning.
- The Bucs tacked on two more runs in the top of the second as Hubbard drilled a solo home run to left center, while Bakenhus connected on an RBI single to double the CSU lead to 4-0.
- Lindsay Harris connected on a two-run home run to left field scoring Courtney White to halve the CSU lead at 4-2 after the bottom of the second.
- Hubbard added her second RBI of the game with a sacrifice fly to left field scoring Heather Carver to stretch the 5-2 CSU lead in the top of the third.
- White added to the Blue Hose scoring totals in the bottom of the third with an RBI double scoring Casey Gerhard to cut CSU's lead to 5-3.
- Emberson (solo) and Brown (2-run) connected on home runs in the top of the fifth to provide the final margin.
News & Notes
- Caitlyn Emberson connected on her team-leading sixth home run of the season in the win.
- Rhiana Hubbard is second on the team with three home runs following her solo shot in the top of the second
- Sarah Brown's two-run shot in the top of the fifth was her first of the season and the 10th of her collegiate career.
- Arizona Pilgrim ran her appearance streak to 13 consecutive games after taking the circle for the start on Wednesday.
- CSU improved to 7-5 overall in conference play to sit fourth overall in the Big South standings with 12 games to play.
- The Bucs are continuing their longest winning streak of the season after stretching it to four games on Wednesday.
Charleston Southern heads to Hampton University for a three-game series this weekend starting on Saturday afternoon at noon.