CHARLESTON, S.C. - Charleston Southern's track and field team makes the trip to Rock Hill, S.C. and Winthrop University for the 2019 Big South Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championships presented UCS. The three-day event begins on May 8 and will be held at the Irwin Belk Track.
The three-day event is set to start on Wednesday, May 8, with the first five events of the Decathlon beginning with the 100m dash at 12:30 p.m. The field events from the first day start with the long jump at 4 p.m., while the track events start with the 400m hurdles at 6:15 p.m.
Keep up with the Big South Championship at this link - http://results.tfmeetpro.com/Mitchell_Timing/Big_South_Outdoor_Track_and_Field_Championships/
The indoor championships feature seven teams on the men's side with Campbell, Charleston Southern, Hampton, High Point, UNC Asheville, USC Upstate, and Winthrop all competing this week.
Charleston Southern Podium Watch List
- Men's 100m dash – Joshua Paramore (10.46, 1st)
- Men's 200m dash – Joshua Paramore (21.57, 2nd), Justin Green (21.66, 3rd)
- Men's 400m race – Justin Green (50.16, 9th), Phillip Finsterwalder (50.46, 11th)
- Men's 800m race – Andrew Akright (1:52.74, 3rd)
- Men's 1500m run – Jeryck Wilson (3:50.63, 1st), Jaymee Domoney (3:51.28, 2nd), Andrew Akright (3:53.23, 3rd)
- Men's 3K Steeplechase – Trevor Dominy (9:23.29, 1st)
- Men's 5K – Jeryck Wilson (14:21.14, 2nd), Trevor Dominy (14:41.27, 4th)
- Men's 110m hurdles – Vincent Johnson (14.11, 1st)
- Men's 400m Hurdles – Josiah Scarlett (52.93, 3rd)
- Men's 4x100m relay – Charleston Southern (41.68, 3rd)
- Men's High Jump – Frankie Thomas (2.00m, 3rd)
- Men's Long Jump – Frankie Thomas (6.86m, 6th)
- Men's Triple Jump – Timothy Davis (14.82m, 3rd)
- Men's Hammer Throw – JP Caglione (52.83, 2nd), Clarence Moss (46.79m, 7th)
- Men's Discus – Clarence Moss (47.50m, 2nd)
With numerous highly seeded runners, the Buccaneers bring a talented squad to the championships in their third year with Director of Track & Field/Cross Country Jim Stintzi at the helm.
The Bucs were picked fourth overall in the conference's preseason poll as voted on by the conference's head coaches. CSU was picked to finish behind Hampton, Campbell, and High Point in the rankings.
CSU returns to a familiar venue for the conference championship. Charleston Southern was at the Eagle Twilight Invitational on May 1 for the one-day event.
Winthrop's Irwin Belk Track opened in 2005 as part of the school's track and soccer complex. The Mondo rubberized track surrounds a large field area for all the jump and throw events. The track plays host to the Big South Championship for the third time in its existence.
For updates from Rock Hill this week, follow @CSUGameDay on Twitter.