CHARLESTON, S.C. - Charleston Southern opened up its outdoor season by hosting the Jim Settle Spring Break Invitational at Bagwell-Settle Track. Titles from Vincent Johnson, Timothy Davis, and the relay team highlighted the meet on Saturday.
- Men's Relay - 4x100m (Second, 42.30), 4x400m (First, 3:19.94)
- Vincent Johnson - 110m Hurdles (First, 14.11)
- Joshua Paramore - 100m (Third, 10.46)
- Terik Johnson - 400m Hurdles (Second, 57.57)
- Benjamin Eddy - 5K (Second, 15:58.25)
- Clarence Moss - Hammer Throw (Third, 42.22m), Discus (Second, 47.50m)
- Timothy Davis - Long Jump (Second, 6.62m), Triple Jump (First, 14.78m)
Vincent Johnson built off his success in the indoor season with a title in the 110m hurdles. The Bucs performed well in the hurdle events with Terik Johnson finishing second in the 400m hurdles.
Joshua Paramore was the top sprinter on for CSU on Saturday, placing third in the 100 meters. Paramore also helped CSU take home second in the 4x100m relay. Johnson was the anchor for the 4x400 as the Bucs took the title in that event.
Timothy Davis turned in a podium finish in each of the two jump events. His winning triple jump mark of 14,78m is a new outdoor best for the junior.
Clarence Moss set a new personal best in the discus with a 47.50m throw, good for second place. He also finished on the podium in the hammer throw.
Benjamin Eddy made his collegiate debut in the 5K and took home second place.
The Bucs will be back at home next weekend when they host the Buccaneer Invitation on Saturday, March 23rd.