CHARLESTON, S.C. - Charleston Southern closes out the 2018-19 regular season this weekend with a big road matchup at Presbyterian College on Saturday afternoon. Tipoff between the Buccaneers and the Blue Hose on ESPN+ is set for 4 p.m.
It's the final contest between the two teams prior to next week's 2019 Big South Men's Basketball Championships. There is still a lot to be determined in the final conference standings with 10 of the 11 conference teams in action on Saturday.
The Buccaneers (14-14, 8-7 Big South) have won seven of their last 10 heading into the Saturday game including an 85-84 win over Presbyterian back on January 30. Christian Keeling hit the go-ahead three-pointer with 12 seconds remaining to close out a fast-paced final minute of the game in CSU's win.
CSU's dominant play in the Buccaneer Field House secured an 11-4 record inside the friendly confines for the Bucs this season. The Bucs have not fared as well on the road with a 3-10 overall record away from Charleston.
CSU is currently tied with High Point (8-7) in Big South play. The Bucs and Panthers trail Gardner-Webb (9-6) and Presbyterian (9-6), while sitting ahead of Hampton (7-7) with one game to play in the regular season standings.
CSU Quick Hits
- Charleston Southern heads into the final game of the 2018-19 season seeking to control its own destiny for the postseason.
- With a win on Saturday, CSU would finish with a 9-7 overall record and could still be in the mix for a first-round bye for a quarterfinal game.
- CSU is looking to continue its late-season success entering Saturday as winners of seven of their last 10.
- All three of CSU's losses have been by a combined nine points, including their double-overtime defeat last Saturday at Winthrop.
- Christian Keeling sits among CSU's all-time career leaders in 12 different statistical categories heading into the Saturday contest, including points and rebounds.
- CSU is looking to complete the season sweep over Presbyterian and stretch their winning streak over the Blue Hose to four games.
- The Bucs already have two season sweeps on the year against USC Upstate and UNC Asheville.
- CSU posted its second winning month of the season with a 5-3 record in February.
- Neither the Bucs nor the Blue Hose are shy about shooting from behind the arc - CSU is 18th in the NCAA in three-point attempts, PC is 10th.
- PC is fourth in made three-pointers, CSU is 23rd overall on the season.
Presbyterian Quick Hits
- Presbyterian was picked ninth overall in the Big South Men's Basketball preseason poll announced at the conference's media day. The Blue Hose received 104 points overall. Presbyterian has far exceeded those preseason projections as the Blue Hose enter Saturday's game sitting tied fourth in the conference standings.
- The Blue Hose boasts an impressive 11-2 mark at home in the Templeton Center this season. The road has not been as friendly with PC sitting 6-11 away from Clinton with their lone Big South road win coming at USC Upstate on Jan. 21.
- PC has split its last four games with wins over Campbell and UNC Asheville while falling to Winthrop and Gardner-Webb.
- Adam Flagler leads PC with 15.8 points per game, while Francois Lewis (15.0) and Davon Bell (10.8) are also among the team leaders this season.
- The Blue Hose are not afraid to shoot outside boasting three of the top 10 individual three-point attempts of the season.
- Bell is 10th in NCAA in total assists with 188.