BUIES CREEK, N.C. – Campbell jumped out early Friday night scoring five runs on five hits and a Charleston Southern error on their way to a 14-0 win in Big South play.
Matthew Barefoot hit a leadoff home run for Campbell (26-15, 14-4 Big South) to get the offense going before scoring multiple runs in four different innings. Charleston Southern (16-29, 6-13 Big South) saw hits from Max Ryerson, Reid Hardwick, Jason Miller and Derek Horton in the loss as both Ryerson and Miller extended their respective on-base streaks of seven and 24 games.
How They Scored
- Matthew Barefoot hit a leadoff home run for the Camels igniting a five-run first inning collecting five hits – two on bunt singles – and an error.
- Grant Harris had the only other extra-base hit for the Camels in the frame with an RBI double to right.
- Campbell added two more runs in the third on a two-out single from AJ Hrica making it a 7-0 margin.
News and Notes
- Freshman designated hitter Max Ryerson extended his hitting streak to seven games with a two-out single in the fourth.
- Junior infielder Javon Martin also extended his on-base streak to 14 after drawing a hit-by-pitch on the second pitch of the night from Campbell starter Michael Horrell.
- Campbell added four-more in the fifth frame headlined by a two-run single from Barefoot.
- Jason Miller also made it 24-straight games reaching safely with his sixth-inning single.
- The Camels added three in the sixth stretching their lead to where it would stand at 14-0.
Game two of the series between CSU and Campbell takes place Saturday afternoon with a 3 p.m. start time from Jim Perry Stadium.