CHARLESTON, S.C. - Charleston Southern baseball hits the road this week for its final contest before the team breaks for final exams this weekend as the Buccaneers travel to the Lexington County Baseball Stadium on Tuesday night to take on the Wofford Terriers. First pitch between the teams is set for 6 p.m.
Live stats for the contest will be available on the baseball schedule page on CSUSports.com, while in-game updates will be provided on the CSU Twitter account: @CSUGameDay
RHP Evan Nations (0-1, 7.71 ERA) vs. RHP Chris Sheehan (3-0, 1.80 ERA)
- Charleston Southern returns to Lexington County Stadium for the second time in the 2017 season as the Bucs take on the Terriers on Tuesday night. The site of the 2017 Big South Baseball Championships, CSU previously played at the stadium on March 28 in a midweek contest against USC Upstate.
- Charleston Southern's sweep over Radford this weekend was CSU's first conference home sweep since the 2015 season when the Bucs took three from Gardner-Webb at the CSU Ballpark on April 10-12.
- The Bucs' bullpen was dominant on the week as CSU's relief staff went 29.2 innings and allowed just seven earned runs and nine walks while striking out 37 batters in games against USC Upstate, Radford, and The Citadel
- Nate Blanchard connected on a pair of home runs over the weekend to increase his team-leading total to seven on the season.
- CSU's three-game winning streak ended a three-game skid and a span that saw the Bucs drop seven of eight dating back to April 9 in the series finale against UNC Asheville. The Bucs moved back to .500 on the season with the trio of wins and improved to 9-9 in conference play.
- The Buccaneers are tied for fifth in the Big South Conference standings with preseason favorite High Point with a 9-9 record on the season. The Bucs were picked ninth in the preseason poll prior to the season by the conference's head coaches.
About the Terriers
Wofford enters the Tuesday night contest with a 22-18 overall record and 7-5 mark in Southern Conference play. The Terriers are coming off of back-to-back series wins over UNC Greensboro and Samford with Wofford taking two of three on each weekend. The Terriers have posted a 13-12 record at home in 2017 and an 8-6 mark away from King Field. Wofford also picked up a 10-9 win in its lone neutral site game over Presbyterian at Greenville's Fluor Field on March 29.
Last Out for Wofford
The Wofford College baseball team split a doubleheader against Samford on Saturday afternoon at Russell C. King Field. In the first game, Samford scored five runs in the fifth inning and held the Terriers scoreless until the eighth frame for an 8-2 win. Wofford led 4-1 after five innings in the second game. The Bulldogs scored two in the seventh to make it a one run game, but the Terriers added two runs in the bottom of the ninth for the 6-3 win.
Scouting the Terriers
McClain Bradley leads the Wofford offensive efforts on the season with a .383 batting average from the plate to go with six home runs and 29 RBI. Brett Hash is hitting .308 with a team-high 49 hits, 11 doubles, nine home runs, and 35 RBI. Overall, the Terriers are hitting .289 as a team from the plate. Wofford is not afraid to run on the base paths with the Terriers posting 100 stolen bases on 116 attempts as a team in 2017. Tuesday night starter Chris Sheehan has posted a 3-0 record with a 1.80 ERA over eight appearances on the season. He has a 9:6 strikeout-to-walk ratio.